Belle Acres Golf and Country Club

How about we hit a few in


Loving all things Southern, my very first post couldn't be more perfect and it just fell into my lap!  Today I had a social at the very Old Charlotte establishment, the Belle Acres Golf and Country Club.  Now, golf widows, keep your britches on.  This is the one and only par 2 putt putt golf course and country club within two miles of Uptown Charlotte.  And they have phenomenal burgers.  And cold beer.





Pulling up, I saw a few gentlemen playing a challenging round of putt putt and toasting their cold ones.  I also noticed the old Wad's sign - salvaged from the the sundries store on East Blvd, another Old Charlotte icon.  I pressed through the wrought iron gate and entered into a sweet patio garden.  Complete with barbecue grill with enough room to roast a pig.



The tables and umbrellas give the patio a secluded, secret garden look.  The statue in the fountain pond reminds me of work done by Jean Tinguely, but that seems too high brow for a country club with Caddyshack throwbacks.  Still, I admire the art scattered around and make my way inside to see what's on tap.



Giving myself five complete minutes to let my eyes adjust to the pitch darkness inside, I inhale the beer and fried smells seasoned with a bit of old smoke, a reminder of the days you could light up inside restaurants.  Featuring only two beers on draft, I'm glad to see they are local(ish) craft beers.  An Olde Mecklenburg Brewery Copper, their flagship authentic Altbier from just up South Blvd and Highland Gaelic Ale, a hoppy amber from Asheville.  Being the girlie girl I am, I opted for a sweet beer and took my Blue Moon (not local) to the Trophy Room.



I sipped my non-Southern beer and played a riveting round of golf on the back nine.  I shot a 21 and got a par on one of the longer holes, the 181" Hole Two.  Sigh, I love golf.  




















1 comment:

  1. If you play golf fairly frequently then you are going to use your clubs quite a lot. This means that they need to be of a high quality and they also need to be comfortable to use. Now in order to get the best performance possible from your golf clubs, you can get them custom made.

    St George Golf Club

    ReplyDelete